Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Endlessly review


Endlessly, by Kiersten White is the third installment of the Paranormalcy series.

I had to coerce my hubby into letting me spend any money this month and, of course, I just had to buy the final book in this series. Kiersten White has a way of taking the mundane and adding spice. There really isn't a dull moment in this book. I had very little to complain about while reading, most of which really isn't worth mentioning because it's such a charming story.

Here is the synopsis from Amazon:

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.
The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.
So much for normal.


If I want to be nit-picky about things, I would have to say that there wasn't enough time given to the villains in the this book. And perhaps there was one too many. Also, I love Kiersten dearly, but in the end it was a little too un-seriuos for me and unfocused entering the climax, but definitely not something to keep anyone away from reading this book. She reins things in and gives you a great twisty ending. And, not giving any spoilers, I love the creative way she introduces road blocks to the main characters. Perhaps I am blind, (I think I see pretty clearly, I think), but she really does a good job of camouflaging who is doing what to Evie. Great work, Kiersten! You don't always get a finale book like this that is at least as good of quality as the first two, if not better. That was my gripe with the Maze Runner series. I LOVE James Dashner, but the end book seemed to kind of poop out for me. This one didn't. And I think everyone will be satisfied.

So, please go out and support my friend and buy this book. Not to sound all LaVar on you, but really do. =)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I haven't read this series yet. I've been meaning to, really I have, but I haven't found the time. Sounds like I'll have to! :)

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

You definitely should! It is a great, fun read!