Monday, February 2, 2015

Maze Runner in Germany


I had to post this pic of the first MAZE RUNNER movie opening in Germany. I loved listening to James Dashner talk about his 'study' schedule while writing these books when at an event at a Barnes & Noble here in Utah a couple years back. He was already at a point where he was able to quit his day job and spend a good about of time going to movies. It seemed funny to me (funny in a jealousy-enducing sort of way), and yet now that he's helping with screenplays it all makes sense.

Reminds me of that saying, 'Dress for the job you want', or something to that effect. We could apply this to writing. You have to put in the work for the level of success you want to achieve. If you're only in it for the money and don't put your heart and soul into your writing, you probably won't get anywhere.

Don't worry. I'm sweating over my work and am still not published either. But I dream. And have hope that things will work out. Maybe soon? Whatever happens, it's been worth it. I LOVE to write. More than that I love to improve at whatever it is I'm doing.

How about you? Are you there yet? Keep trying! You will get there!


And for fun....


How sweet. They have cute animals in Europe, too. Who knew? =)

There's a deeper message there. I'll let you figure that one out on your own. 

No comments: