Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More casting for HUNGER GAMES

We have some new faces to add to the scene of the Hunger Games Cast. Some made me nod, some made me shake my head. But, as with all the other hopeful HG fans, I am waiting until I see the finished product to pass judgement on the director's choices.



Lenny Kravitz as Cinna came as quite a shock to me for some reason. Not in a bad way, though. I think he has the right look to pull it off. But when you are picturing someone like Jude Law, with his charming accent (which would totally fit the climate of the capitol in my opinion) for the part, it's a shocker. But, I don't doubt he will do the part justice. Check him out on YouTube, I think you'll agree.




Never been a fan of Donald Sutherland. Don't shoot me, but I think half of it has to do with the fact that he reminds me of someone I used to know who really irritated me =). The other half (again, don't shoot me) was that he acted the part of the father on the most recent Pride and Pred movie and I thought the acting in that version was a complete and utter train wreck. Yes. I said train wreck. It didn't fit the tone of the book whatsoever and the director obviously had no love or respect for the book or author. (He totally sold out. Shame on him!)

With that out of the way, I will again have to see how he plays the part. Since I already think of him as a little creepy/irritating then maybe he is a good choice after all. (Sorry Mr. Sutherland, nothing against you.)


When I first saw this picture of her, I thought: Is that Natascha McElhone?? They have such similar eyes. I think Amber must be closer to the correct age, though. No thoughts here. Avox girl wasn't one I thought of to dream cast, so I doubt I will be let down. But she does sort of have that haunting, beautiful look that's nice for the part.

(the Games Announcer...over the loudspeaker)

Toby as Claudius Templesmith is awesomeness personified. I think he will be great for the part. Not to sound disrespectful to 'little' people, but it will add to the quirkiness of the capitol. (Man, I hope that didn't sound bad.) I also think he's a great actor. Loved him in EVER AFTER.


 I'll talk about Brooke and Latarsha together. Not really much to say, but they look the parts, me thinks. I know I will feel pretty sorry for them in movie number three, though. If you've read the books you know what scene I'm talking about. And if you haven't, I won't spoil it for you.


So, that's all the casting for now. In fact, that is most of the casting if not all for movie number one. I can't think of anyone else they need to pick (except for subsequent films), can you? Looks like they are already filming, which is good because time is a runnin' out. Can't wait! I really hope they have someone good do the special effects. That and the music and cinematography or very important to me in a movie. Especially for this kind of movie.

What do you think of the latest casting? Would you have picked these actors/actresses?

2 comments:

Aurora Smith said...

New follower, love your blog. its purty

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

LOL, thanks!