Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day...lalala and New Years resolutions


Hope all of you in bookland had a fabulous New Year Celebration and Christmas/ (insert tradition here) holiday. As per part of my new years resolution I am reading reading reading before jumping head first into a brand-new novel (which I plan on finishing within year. Hold me to it people!). For Christmas my wonderful husband purchased the entire HUNGER GAMES series for me and I am already half way through book 2.
OH MY GOODNESS! What a ride! If you haven't read any of the books you may want to. I will, of course, do my own star-studded review of the series as soon as I have finished it. So far, though, I must say that Suzanne Collins is amazing. She has created such a realistic world, complete with the details that make it so believable. Her writing is crisp and to the point and there is never a dull moment in these books.

Anyway, enough of that. I promise to give an enthralling review later. For now, let's talk about New Years resolutions. Sometimes I shrug these off as a silly thing that I can do at any time. I mean aren't I/we always making goals? But thise year I am taking it very seriously. Along with making the yearly promise to limit sweets and lose the poundage (which BTW I really am going to do this year!) I am doing the above mentioned reading and writing and finishing my new novel as well as working on some more personal goals (such as being a better wife/mother/etc). I really think that when we write down our individual goals, being specific, and then telling at least one person about it, we are more apt to follow through. I'm sure you have all heard this before. It is true. More than likely we want to not let others down whereas we don't mind disapointing ourselves. We won't hold ourselves accountable, yell or scold our reflection in the mirror (well, maybe, but then we get over it tolerably.) It is much harder to see a friend or loved one disapointed at our failures when perhaps we already think of ourselves as failures.

But NO MORE people. We can do it. I can. You can. And I hope you will hold me to this.

Now, what are your New Years Resolutions? I'd love to hear. And I will promise to hold you to them if you like. Just hand over the whip (not WIP, the whip haha...yeah I'm a dork) and I'll be a great taskmaster.

Also, to encourage commentors. What do you think are the top 5 New Years resolutions for all mankind? Any thoughts? I'm guessing weight loss and job success rank up there pretty high.

Love to hear from you. Good luck with all your resolutions this year! May it be the best year ever!

No comments: