Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm going to a Writer's Conference!

I am going to my very first Writer's Confernce! I am so excited. I had to share my news.

As a surprize for my birthday this weekend, my husband's family presented me with Utah's Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Conference afternoon session packet. In the midst of moving and really not wanting to bother finding people to watch my three little angels, my sister(s)-in-law and mother-in-law took care of any worries I had about finding the means or a way to go. So, I will have to take good notes and tell you all about it.

For all you Utahns, or out-of-towners attending this confernce, let me know if you will be there and maybe we can meet up! I am so excited to meet agents, editors and writers alike. I have heard many great things about these conferences and can't wait to see how it goes and what I can learn. I am hoping this will be the first of many opportunities to go.

If you have gone to this or another conference, tell me all about it in the comments section! I would love to hear your stories, any advice you can give for people going, and any other little tidbits you would like to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to go to this conference, but alas, I can't. I hope you'll have a lot of fun, though!

Jolene Perry said...

I actually have no idea the trail I took to find your blog. Off of some agent's blog I'm sure. I'm going to my first writer's conference in the fall, I just finished my first novel and am working through several more, we'll see which one I'm inspired to finish first.
I can't wait to hear about your experiences there!

Melissa said...

I've never been to a conference, I really want to go to one though. I'm really excited to hear about your experience when you get back. This is my favorite part of the other (lucky!) writers who get to go to conferences, when they come back and share their awesome information.