Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm dancing a jig!

I can't help it. I have to spread my 'good tidings' with the world! Today, after a long wait (7 months and 11 days) our adoption is final! My husband is on his way to the judge's office this very moment having her sign the papers, and our little baby boy will be ours for good!

After having gone in before, thinking it would be final last week, and then finding someone gave us an incorrect document for the background check, we thought we would have to start over. The judge, thankfully, took pitty on us and made our case top priority (as we are moving out of state next week).  YEA!!!!!

So, to make this a more 'writerly' post: If anyone is writing about a character who has been adopted or will be adopting (specifically, ours is an internal family adoption) then I can answer your questions about the process. (((Dancing a Jig, Dancing a Jig, ter rah ter rah ter rah!!))) haha.

YES I AM HAPPY!! =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am not writing about adoption however I am planning to adopt within the next three years and eventually would love to pick your brain on how the process was, the fees, what company you went through, etc! What a fabulous thing you are doing!!!

Are you planning on adopting more than one?! I'm so excited for you I can hardly contain it! hehe!

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

I would love to talk to you about it. Please e-mail me. My email address is on the blog. Thanks!

Krista Van Dolzer said...

Congratulations, Kathryn! Couldn't be happier for you. Adoption really works (at least, I think I turned out all right:) ).