Monday, July 14, 2014

Testing testing...commiting

Just checking in. I realize I didn't write a post last week like I promised myself. I had the perfect idea for a post and the thought left me.

Let's instead talk about where you find your inspiration...

I've been having odd bits of inspiration come of late. Awesome bits that add more personality to my characters or intensity to my story line. They usually come when I'm watching movies, or reading. Sometimes they pop into my head randomly. The point is that if I'm dragging my feet about a certain section of my book, no inspiration comes unless I really put forth the effort. I have to tell myself that I'm going to do it, and you'd be amazed at how fast the inspiration comes as soon as I decide to commit.

Talk about your life lessons =).

Have you noticed that?

Procrastination kills dreams. If you don't take that step, even if it's hard or boring, you won't accomplish a thing. But things come easier than we think if we just commit.

So, if you're staring at your computer screen and nothing is coming, ask yourself if you're really trying? Are you committed?

See? I wrote a post and I wasn't even ready for it=)

Today I'm a pantser.

T
Take a step into the dark before you can see the light...

No comments: